maanantai 17. elokuuta 2015

Red Marker IV - Red Meets The Aqualung


Part 1
Part II
Part III


It wasn't long until the bar owner was drawn to their loud conversation






- Now listen to me you two. I can't have you saying filth like that aloud, you will scare out the customers. Women's rubbery underwear? Vigilantism? You will shut your mouths or take it outside. Are we clear on this matter? One more word and I'll throw you out. And you, stop doodling on my newspapers with your red pen, Mr super--







- I AM NOT A BLOODY SUPERH-----



"- EEEROAaRRRRRrrrhhherrghhhh AAaahhh... ! WHOOP! W-Well!! A perfect landing!
I, The Red Marker am unbeatable by the grim forces of evil,
I mean I am unbeatable"
Said Marker after his continental flight.
After all he was not a superhero

- Well I must be on my way. There are articles to highlight. The evil never sleeps.



Across the street:


- Did you see that!! DID YOU???! He can FLY I tell you, FLY

- Now come on, the bartender threw him out

- No HE FLEW OUT! I knew it! He is a real superhero!

- Oh Shut up before---

- EVERYONE! LISTEN TO ME! THE RED MARKER CAN FLY, HE REALLY CAN!!!



And the crowd gathered around..








Our hero instead, was long gone.
His glorious master of a mind was preoccupied by questions of Life, Death, Future, Past, Women's rubbery underthings and such. These were all tangled up in a drunken web of misery, trying to break free, to organize, to make sense in this chaotic and gruesome situation. 



- Thrown out of a public house.. This has never happened before. The lords of chaos and evil must be on my tracks.. I must quickly make plans. I must fight harder. 

...Now where is the next pub.. and a newspaper.



........


Moments later Red Marker was settled down and in his element. Highlighting ifs from articles. Now he saw another pattern and trend emerging. "Belief".
'- So it is a religion now?!' Marker said to himself and even tried out his yellow highlighter pen for this new phenomenon




It was all going very well until a minstrel came by his table with a flute. Unholy, smelly minstrel. Horrendous whistling noises filled up the air. 





- What in the world! Would YOU MIND?

- Ohhh.. oh. I am very sorry.. I am just a poor simple minstrel trying to earn a living

- Well you are not earning anything with that unholy racket, maybe only if you consider your nose punched an earning. Please stop and I buy you an ale and a pie

- Thank you, very kind of you sir!

- Now sit down. What is your name, minstrel?

- They call me Aqualung

- Aqualung! What kind of a name is that!!?

- Well it comes from my style of play. I have absolutely wrong flute technique. I huff and I puff but there's only hellish jarring sounds and sometimes smaller buildings even fall down. Just listen to this









...Heads started to turn and ears bleed.
After a while when the very walls
of the public house were shaking,
Red Marker had to bellow out:


- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, STOP IT IMMEDIATELY

.
.
.

- Sorry... But see what I mean. I could of bring down the house. Literally. To million pieces

- ... hmm... Wait a minute. Quite an exquisite sonic attack after all. You can destroy buildings? I think I have a proposition for you, minstrel.

- Just call me Aqualung. I'm listening






Then they drank.
Red Marker showed him his highlight pen skills.
Aqualung would play occasionally but was always stopped after a minute.
No one were thrown out.
Red Marker spoke and Aqualung listened.
Aqualung played and people grinned in disgust.


Next Part





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti